This is a blog post from Sarah, who writes on behalf of Must Have Gifts – A charitable gifts organisation that are part of World Vision UK.
Christmas shopping can be a great experience if you have your list to work with, but what if you have spent time browsing online, looking in the catalogues and just cannot come up with a gift idea for that person ‘who has everything’. We all know them, they can be the parents who insist on just a card, or the brother who likes all things technology based; or even that younger niece or nephew that you are just not sure what band they are listening to this year?
If every idea you come up with, you know they have already got, don’t know their clothing measurements or not sure if they like X or Y brand of jeans then why not consider a charity gift in their name to someone who has nothing. Charity gifts from Must Have Gifts make the ideal present and here are a few reasons why;
- They Are Appreciated and ValuedIf you have tried to find funny or amusing presents to beat last years, then a charity gift of a kid goat or chickens make the best presents. A child in one of the poorest countries can eat eggs and sell the surplus, drink milk and make cheese to eat and sell. The income generated could help towards their education and well-being. Someone who is hard to buy for, will appreciate the fact someone else’s live has been made that little bit easier.
- A Wide ChoiceThere are a wide range of gifts available from chickens, goats, a mini library, mosquito nets, bedding, sheep, guinea pigs and purification tablets to name some ideas. You choose a gift based on price and category as there is something for everyone.
- Associated GiftsIf you have an animal lover, gardener or teacher in the family for example, there is a present that you can buy that they can associate with. For example, a gardener will appreciate the idea of someone else sowing maize seeds and watching the crops grow. A teacher would understand the importance of education and enjoy the fact that a child would be reading from the mini library available to buy. If you have a nurse or someone with a new baby in the family they will appreciate the value that training for birth attendants can provide to bring other newborns into the world safely.
- Used and Not ForgottenOne of the frustrations with choosing the right present is finding out the next year that the gift you lovingly spent hours wandering over and wrapping is still in its wrapping or plastic box it was purchased in. Worse than being left, is finding out the present has been recycled or thrown away. Therefore, why not send a gift that cannot be thrown away or forgotten about.
- Helping Others Less FortunateOne of the reasons to consider charity gifts is about improving the lives of children and families that receive them. It’s nice when we receive gifts that are thoughtful. People in some of the poorest countries really benefit from gifts that can improve their self-sufficiency and provide an income and food.