Well this week has been yet another mad one as I have two poorly little girls to look after :( Get well soon my princesses!
I have been baking though - it's one thing I do try and make time for whenever possible....plus yummy treats to eat make snotty noses feel a bit better, don't they!?
I have a recipe for Chewy chocolate & peanut butter cookies this week - the recipe needs a little tweaking, I think...but they were so yummy I decided to blog it anyway.
- 70g butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean paste/good extract
- 1 egg
- 125g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp of bicarb
- Pinch of salt
- 170g of chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- Preheat oven to 170C, gas mark 3
- Cream the sugar with the butter
- Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth
- Beat in the egg and add the vanilla
- Sift together the flour & bicarb and fold into the wet mixture
- Finally add the chocolate chips and mix through.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet or 2, keeping them well apart as they do spread quite a bit!
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes
- This made 8 huge ones but you can make them smaller if you wish; just check on them after 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet as they are very soft and fragile straight from the oven. After 5-10 minutes you can carefully transfer them to a cooling rack or a plate, where they will harden a bit more.
Anyway, that's my homemade week - what have you been making?
I'd love for you to link up your posts!
I only have 1 rule - that you grab my badge or link back to me in your post :)
What's Homemade Thursday about?
You can read more about it here. If you have created anything this week - whether it's baking, needlework, knitting, painting, photography, scrapbooking, cardmaking, cooking from scratch - ANYTHING that made you use your creativity and you want to share with others....please share it during my weekly link up. I would love to see it!
If you sell your creations, feel free to link to your shop as well!
I will post every Thursday and you can link your blog post, webpage or twitpic on Twitter.
Please use #HomemadeThursday on Twitter and I will retweet them :)