Sunday, 29 April 2012

Support your bump and boost your confidence with The Body


I love it when I get the opportunity to try out something that I've never seen before and certainly wouldn't think to buy for myself. The Body is one of those things; and one I wished I'd found out about sooner.

Images ©TheBody



The Body is an 'essential layering item' - a dress that creates a flattering silhouette. During pregnancy our ever changing shape means that wearing some underwear can be uncomfortable and let's face it, big maternity knickers don't do a lot for the panty line.
The Body allows expectant mums to get the support they require for their growing bumps with seamless comfort.
That one sentence alone sold it to me. Comfort is paramount when you are pregnant but we still want to look nice in our clothing. 


Described as 'The ultimate pregnancy wardrobe essential', The Body is a dress which can be used as either inner or outer wear. It is seamlessly engineered to give body-hugging support whether worn as a layered top or jumper dresses or offering invisible support as an undergarment. 


It can even be worn during yoga or pilates thanks to its clever anti ride up feature – meaning your outfit stays in place as you move. The nylon and spandex fabric offers great stretch and sweat wicking capabilities to keep you cool and controlled throughout exercise.

Once baby arrives, The Body can still be used as an undergarment to help you, as a New Mum, feel more confident as you get back to your pre baby shape.

They are available in black and neutral in four sizes, size 8 to 16. They feature adjustable straps for a perfect fit, every time.


Apologies for the awful photo - I am being incredibly brave here, but I wanted you to get an idea of how it fits a bump. I have a very big, almost 35 week, baby bump, and I like how it looks. The black is more flattering, but also more difficult to photograph! I am usually a UK 14,  pre-pregnancy, and this is a UK 16.

I think they are brilliant; for all women, not just pregnant Mums. They are incredibly comfortable, feminine and I felt cool the whole day whilst wearing one. It also stopped my clothing from irritating my bump (especially when wearing wool, or similar fabrics) 


The Body retails at £29.95 and is available to buy online http://www.fabody.com

Many thanks to The Body for the samples. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...