Saturday, 7 April 2012

Kelloggs Mini Max - Giant Easter Nests

Kelloggs kindly sent us a HUGE box of Mini Max to try. I first heard about Mini Max at the end of September when I was lucky enough to be spoilt rotten by the amazingly generous Kelloggs, at a spa day. I was actually pregnant then - I just didn't know it! :)

Image ©Kelloggs


Mini Max is 'your mini morning maximizer' - little crunchy, baked wholegrain parcels bursting with good stuff such as high fibre, Vitamin D and iron.

We love it! In fact, we just started our 3rd box this morning (hey, there are 5 of us, and I've used half a box for Easter treats, so it's allowed!) 

I like that it is sweet enough for the kids to want it, and enjoy it, but I know it's also good for them, and will keep them going all morning.

We have the original, which is so nice! I said it has an 'almost' coconut taste to it. My children don't agree, but whatever the flavour, it's delicious! It also comes in a chocolate variety, which the kids are nagging at me to buy for them as well (it must be good!)

I haven't been able to face breakfast for many months, due to the awful pregnancy sickness - so it's nice to be able to enjoy breakfast again. It keeps me going until elevenses, when I have some fruit (or on a naughty day, a pain au chocolat...shh don't tell)


The wheaty parcels inspired me to make the kids a giant Easter nest for an Easter Sunday treat. It's also another great recipe to use up left over Easter eggs!

Ingredients

250g of  Mini Max (either variety will work)
200g of chocolate (any you like)
Handful of Mini Eggs

Method
  • Break up your chocolate and melt in a bain-marie or microwave in a large bowl (if you are confident not to burn it!)

  • Whilst this is melting, smash up the Mini Max with the end of a rolling pin, or blitz in a food processor.
  • Cover a baking sheet in greaseproof paper.
  • When the chocolate is fully melted,  add the Mini Max and stir until all the cereal is coated with chocolate.
  • Pile onto the greaseproof paper and roughly shape into a nest shape with a spoon.

  • Make a shallow well in the top and push in the mini eggs.
  • Pop in the fridge until set.

Simple, fun and very yummy! Enjoy!




Thanks so much to Kelloggs for the Mini Max - now ALL my children's favourite cereal. Grown boy eats it dry, but the rest of us love it it ice cold semi skimmed milk - YUM!





We were sent some Mini Max cereal to review - I was not asked to write this post and have not been paid to do so. All opinions are our own honest thoughts after trying the product.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...