Thursday, 21 July 2011

Handmade Thursday - Pen pots!


I apologise for the awful photos, I have had to rely on my phone because of 'technical problems with my camera' (read as toddler has hidden it) I'll try to get a much better photo and replace!!

Anyway, I am sort of killing two crafty birds with one stone, so to speak. Not only is this my contribution to #handmadethursday, but have also been inspired by the amazing Red Ted Art's 'Back to school' carnival, to 'Get Crafty'. Which you can find about here.

My Son has requested a desk area in his room for when he starts high school in the Autumn, so I thought this would be great for him to store his pens.



Lolly Loo roll Pen Pots


This are so simple, even little ones can make them!



You need:

  • Loo roll 'innard' or a kitchen roll tube cut in half.

  • Several coloured craft lolly sticks or save some over the Summer and paint or colour them yourself.

  • PVA glue

  • Small piece of card ( I used an old cake box from the recycling bag)

  • scissors

  • paintbrush or glue stick

Cut a disc out of the card, just a bit bigger than your cardboard tube. If you wish, you can decorate this with whatever medium you choose.

Cover the tube in glue and stick lolly sticks all the way round, as shown.


Once you've attached all the lolly sticks and you are happy with your colour combination, put glue on the bottom and stick to the cardboard disk.

Viola! You have a lovely new pen pot for your desk!

Another idea is to make lots of these of varying heights and stick to a small cake board, for the ultimate pen tidy!





what have YOU been making?

If you would like to share your posts or twitpics of anything you have made recently, please grab my button and use the linky below! I'd love to see them!




Grab my button and link to my blog










8 comments:

Katherine A said...

These are lovely. So easy, I might have to try them out with my brood.

Molly said...

This takes me back - I'm sure I made one of these when I was at school (not coloured though). A lovely project!
Thanks for linking me up, and for hosting Handmade Thursday x

Stephanie Mamo said...

I might set the kids onto making those at the weekend if it's still raining, which it probably will be :S Have joined in again this week with handmade bracelets :) I am rather getting into this now! <3 x

Jane said...

Great idea and a good craft for kids to make x

maggy, red ted art said...

Oooh you clever lady.. you know how much I love loo rolls!! :-)

Thanks for taking part in the carnival!!!!!

maggy x

ChrisTea And Cakes said...

Great make for little ones! We never seem to have any pens left in our pen pots :(

1978rebecca said...

Oooh like this idea. Simple yet effective. Will give this a go in the holidays.

Marianne said...

What a great idea! Your son's desk will be organized and snazzy.
Thank you for hosting handmade Thursday - having lots of fun.

Enjoy the day,
Marianne

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...