Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Royal Wedding Craft - Fun for kids!


Recently UKMums.tv sent me some craft kits to review and included were mini plates and porcelain pens. We enjoyed creating these so much we decided to decorate a bigger plate. Middle Miss is quite into the Royal Wedding story and loves princesses so she has been in her element.

Porcelain pens are so easy to use, and can personalise a plate, cup or bowl in a very short time. Rather like marker pens, they are great for children to use their imaginations without creating too much mess. Then, once you are happy with your design, leave to dry and bake in the oven to seal.

Also, don't worry of you make a mistake, it wipes off with a trusty wetwipe if you are quick. Just dry the surface with a tissue before you start again.

It's become quite addictive for both myself and Middle Miss - what next? A Twitter mug perhaps?!

We like bunting. I think it says 'street party' so we added some to out plate design... what do you think? We haven't decided on the edging yet... that's a job for another day :)


This is another design used for UKMums review:


I've linked this post you to the fab Redtedart blog after a request for Royal Wedding themed craft! Check out Maggys amazing blog for more crafting inspiration!

8 comments:

RedTedArt said...

Oh my! These are very very cute and a PERFECT momento for the Royal Wedding! Love them!

:-)

gidders1 said...

Much better than shop bought, I love them!

WhiteLily said...

Ahh thank you lovely ladies x

RedTedArt said...

(and thank you for linking up :-)

missielizzie said...

I'd never heard of porcelain pens before. Wow, my brain's going into overdrive thinking of the possibilities!!

Love your plates x

Marisa@Getting Back To Basics said...

I like the Royal plate idea...thanks!

Marisa@Getting Back To Basics said...

I like the Royal plate idea...thanks!

WhiteLily said...

Ahh thank you lovely ladies x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...